enthalpy

Thursday, July 18, 2002


I don't know why this upset me but it did:


Angelina Jolie files for divorce from Billy Bob Thornton

I think it's pretty tragic when people are so "in love" that they have to adopt a child from a third world country, and then they split up.
Sorry, Kirby, I don't really want to deal with you anymore because the person I thought was my life partner at the time turned out to be a jackass. So you can either go back to the hellish squalor you came from or continue to be batted between me and your other parent until we get tired of you. Then there's Hardcopy, ET, and Access Hollywood. Save your money, Kirby.
Not that these two would do that, but if they didn't, they'd be the first.

I just watched Playing by Heart yesterday, and Angelina Jolie is quite the hottie. Wait, hottie is quite an understatement.

But Billy Bob is "The Man." And I mean that in a good way.
A Simple Plan, Pushing Tin, and not to mention his truly greats, All the Pretty Horses , and of course, Sling Blade. Not to mention his Semi-biographical The Gift

OK, all that being said, why do I think it's bad he's getting divorced for the fifth time? Who knows. I remember hearing how much he lost from wife #3 after he got famous (read: money) from Sling Blade so it's just a bit troubling that such a gifted person has to fill his life with so many unsuccessful marriages. Dude, you don't have to buy the cow to get the milk.

But the most troubling part of this story: She is a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations, and he has a budding singing career??? Who knew?
I knew he was tight with Dwight, but I thought Dwight was getting into film, not the other way around.



Home