enthalpy

Tuesday, July 16, 2002


Is there a term for Joe Bob worship? There should be. This is an old one on Airline Insecurity, but it's brilliant, as usual.
Forget profiling. That was LAME compared to this.
For those that thought that profiling was the ultimate hate crime in this Post 9-11 PC culture.
They’re developing this super-duper airline computer system that can access every single piece of information from your entire life, including your grades in fourth-grade art class and the time you married a Mexican hooker for 48 hours in Juarez, and then analyze it with some kind of Bill Gates Intergalactic Software and determine your “threat rating.”
I’m trying to figure out which is more flattering, because you know people are gonna start braggin about it.
“Hey, man, I scored an 88 on that Columbus-to-Nashville flight. It had to be either the DUIs or the mail-order Cuban cigars.

The best analysis of it so far was by Robert O’Harrow Jr. of The Washington Post, and he talked to a former FAA administrator named Joseph Del Balzo who said: “This is not fantasy stuff. This technology . . . gives us a pretty good idea of what’s going on in a person’s mind.”
Excuse me, but I don’t particularly WANT the FAA to know what’s going on in my mind, especially if I’m fantasizing about the flight attendant. And from what I’ve seen of it so far, my own personal Terrorist Threat Index Ranking is gonna be off the goldurn scale.
Ok, no more quotes. The whole thing is perfect.



Home