enthalpy

Thursday, July 04, 2002


This is just plain Sad

I really don't want to get carried away with the Aggie bashing, but this really epitomizes the whole thing. The UT/A&M thing has always been a little lop-sided, but there's a reason you won't find a UT casket.

I've seen my share of A&M paraphernalia, such as wedding cakes, tattoos, and of course the ubiquitous car stickers. But a casket? I can't imagine that you choice of college is the culminating moment of your life, as if somehow it adds depth to your character that couldn't be found anywhere else. But admittedly, I'm not an Aggie, and I don't get it.

Sort of like that political ad I saw by the road a few years ago. Someone was running for a local office and they had posters all around town. The posters where Aggie maroon, of course, but at the bottom they had 3 symbols: aTm '73, USMC, and a cross.

So the three most important person that this person wanted you to know about them was, in order, that they were an Aggie first, then a Marine, and finally, a Christian.

He probably won the election.




Home