enthalpy

Monday, September 02, 2002


Watched Mulholland Dr. yesterday. 2 Observations:

1) I felt like Homer when he was watching the new film by David Lynch: There was a unicorn dancing with a guy under a full moon and a traffic signal. Homer says, "Brilliant. I don't understand any of it."

2) You know those "magic eye" pictures that if you stare at it long enough, you can see a pony or some such crap? That's what I felt about Mulholland Dr. I'm sure if you stared at it long enough, you could make it into whatever you wanted it to be. Personally, I've never got the "magic eye" pictures to make much sense, either.

This Salon article, which by the way should be titled "Mulholland Dr. For Dummies", pretty much spells it all out. But it still leaves too much to the viewer.

Can you imagine that flick being a miniseries on ABC? Man, Disney would have crapped their pants over that one.



Home