enthalpy

Wednesday, November 19, 2003


Mikhail Kalashnikov, at 84, has had a lot of time to think about his invention and what effect it has had on modern warfare. his thoughts?
"I'd much rather have invented a machine to make life easier for farmers and peasants -- something like a lawn mower."
What a nice little Soviet he is, even after all these years. But there's more:
"But it's not the designer's fault or the weapon's fault when terrible things happen; it's the politicians'," said Kalashnikov, a former major general. "It's because the politicians are unable to reach peaceful agreements. I must say I sleep quite soundly."
Good to hear that he's sleeping well. And he's right, it's not his fault. Guns don't kill people, and gun designers certainly don't kill people. Unless, of course, they do. Funny that he's not bitter about not making any money. Personally, I'd take the money over a monument, any day. Statues tend to make my butt look big.



Home