enthalpy

Thursday, December 11, 2003


Rolling Stone lists the top 500 albums of all time. I don't know anyone that reads this rag, but I thought it was overtaken by 20-somethings with goatees and tortoise shell glasses. It's good to see that there are still enough old timers around the Rolling Stone office that drank enough bong-water in the 60s to float a small watercraft.

OK, I guess they're right on most of these, and I realize it's subjective. But objectively, NO album list would ever put Greenday's Dookie a full 41 spots higher than anything by Patsy Cline. A 45 minute CD of Patsy clearing her throat is easier to listen to than Greenday. Also, why did three Public Enemy albums make the list, but only two by Johnny Cash? The same number of Rage Against the Machine albums, I might add.

Further proof we don't live in a just universe. And who the hell are The Kinks, anyway?



Home