enthalpy

Sunday, January 11, 2004


There's something wrong with America's class action law suit system? Who'd a thunk it.
On the other hand, the lawyers on the case that led to this windfall had cause to celebrate: They got to split $7.2 million.
Did I wake up in Communist China? Lawyers, screwing people out of money? What in the world is going on here? But doesn't this say it all:
Brian Strange, the Los Angeles attorney who brought the Citibank case and several similar lawsuits, sees a good result. ''It's not so much the five cents you're getting in the mail,'' he said of the case. ``It's correcting the system.''
And, if by "correcting the system," I can make $7.2 Million, hey, what's not to like????

My December Citibank bill shows this: Schwartz Settlement Refund (800-558-5854) $0.24.

So, I'm going to throw a penny into that refund and go downtown and play a game of Frogger.

I've earned it.



Home