enthalpy

Tuesday, July 27, 2004


For the first time in several years, I missed Lileks yesterday. And wouldn't you know it, it's as interesting as usual. This time, he goes out buying a duvet cover.
Anyway. The duvet is ripped. My sensible response: turn it over. But my wife’s mother is coming for a visit, so we need a new duvet. My wife has no time to get one. I have time in overflowing abundance, it seems, so off to Southdale go Gnat and I. Several styles are available for purchase: Laura Ashley having a screaming acid fit, Clown Pelt, creepy-crawly paisley, and one sage-hued item that I can only describe as “ribbed for her pleasure.” This is the one I get, because it picks up the colors of the room, flatters them, doesn’t overwhelm the space with a nutball pattern or suck the life out of the room with some sinkhole hue. The clerk gets a duvet out of storage. It appears gray. We compare it with the one on display, spotlight by high halogen fixtures. Now it’s green.
Fluorescent light should be banned in stores for this very reason. Anyone that doesn't know that it significantly alters the color of everything that's under it is a damn fool. I once had a guy at The Home Despot tell me I was imagining things when I told him the paint didn't match. Moron. We continue. This time, about drinking:
But first, the party. It’s nights like Saturday that make me wish I drank more. I had a great time at the Northern Alliance Blogging Bash, but I kept thinking gee, how much more fun could I have if I drank? Lots? Until I was a loud sloshy boor who couldn’t even pronounce “shh”? I may never know.
Good question. How much more could anyone drink to have more fun? Most times? A lot.



Home