enthalpy

Wednesday, August 25, 2004


Just when I was wondering why my homeowner's insurance went up by 50% for the 4th straight year. Now I know why.
Insurance companies in Texas are on track to earn the highest profit since 1999, which could mean more rate reductions for homeowners, state lawmakers were told.
Reductions? What reductions? Thieving bastards. I love this mentality:
Mark Hanna, a spokesman for the Texas Insurance Council, an industry group, said he hopes the profitability trend continues. But he cautioned against making any decisions based on two quarters.

"All it takes is one Hurricane Charley to hit the (Texas) coast and wipe out every gain that was made," Hanna said.
And all it takes is four years with no hurricanes to give them the opportunity to walk away with all my freakin' money.

Bastards.



Home