enthalpy

Tuesday, October 26, 2004


Dear Guy in my office that pulled the fire alarm as I was taking a crap:

It's important to be prepared, and I'm glad you take your job seriously, really I do, but is necessary to have a fire drill when there are people in the can taking care of very important business? There are fire-wardens on every floor, so would it be that much trouble to hang the out of service sign on the door right before the drill?

Ten seconds after the alarm started I thought I could wait it out, but that damn thing is loud. Then, after about a minutes of the flashing light accompanied by a Road-runneresque "beep-beep" I thought to myself, "what if it's not a drill? What if it's a real fire?"

That's when I decided that the crapper on the 3rd floor is as good a place as any for my charred lifeless corpse to be discovered.

-Signed
Someone who ate in the cafeteria today.



Home