enthalpy

Tuesday, October 19, 2004


I guess you can't a CNN pundit a 'dick' on TV and not suffer a backlash, right?
Stewart also poked fun at Carlson's signature bow tie and in a particularly heated moment, referred to Carlson as a "dick."

Both Carlson and cohost Paul Begala seemed taken aback by the unsmiling Stewart, who asked them repeatedly to "stop hurting America." Carlson pleaded with Stewart to "be funny," but Stewart replied, "No. I'm not going to be your monkey."

Carlson told Stewart that he was much more fun on his own show, to which Stewart answered, "I think you're as much of a dick on your show as on any other."
I'm a bit torn by this one. I agree with Radley on this in that Jon Stewart make a much better comedian than he does a political pundit, but I also can't argue with the fact that Stewart, and The Daily Show in general is pee-in-your-pants funny. Stick to what you're good at, Jon, but making fun of political hacks is certainly one of them.



Home