enthalpy

Monday, November 15, 2004


First day on the new computer, and the only thing I can say is wow. I waited way too long for this. I drug my feet for as long as I could on XP, but it was finally time. What did the wife say when she saw it set up? "You need new speakers." I'm so lucky.

Not that I'm a huge fan of Win98, but hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Well, it's broke.

After removing all the extraneous CRAP that comes with my computer, I think it's up and running. I almost laughed my ass off when it asked me "Are you SURE you want to permanently remove AOL from your hard drive?" Gee, where could I possibly get a copy of AOL's software if'n I wanted it back? Don't homeless people crap AOL CDs now?

It looks like I've got everything up and transferred, but I might have to hang on to the old HD for a while. I hope to cram it into the new machine eventually, yet I can't see any openings in this new machine that aren't riveted shut. I sure would hate to have to drill this case open. Really I would. At least before the warranty is up.

Right now I'm trying to figure out if I like Firefox better than Netscape 7.2. Ideas?



Home