enthalpy

Wednesday, November 10, 2004


Ted Rall, at his best. It's just simply amazing that someone like this continues to get published, and I'd like to go through line by line giving him the proper Fisking he deserves, but I just don't have the time or energy. I gave blood today, and I think reading this column took more out of me. It's just amazing. The democrats are suffering from such an identity crisis now, and I don't think now's the time to look down your long, bony, sanctimonious nose at 59 million voters. How 'bout after you produce an electable candidate? But I can't ignore this part:
Firstly, living in the sticks doesn't make you more American. Rural, urban or suburban--they're irrelevant. San Francisco's predominantly gay Castro district is every bit as red, white and blue as the Texas panhandle. But if militant Christianist Republicans from inland backwaters believe that secular liberal Democrats from the big coastal cities look upon them with disdain, there's a reason. We do, and all the more so after this election.
Anyone that thinks that living in one part of America makes them more American than someone else is totally delusional. Pot, we have kettle on line one.

Isn't that the crux of his whole argument? The smarter, cooler, more educated liberal elitists are some how superior, and thus, more American? As a poor, stupid red-neck from the Texas Panhandle, all I can say is that if he's the vision of enlightenment, I'll enjoy the darkness.

Without reciprocating his vitriol, I can assure him his contempt is mutual.



Home