enthalpy

Tuesday, January 25, 2005


This has got to be the very best prom dress I've ever seen. [link goes to NY Post, but and I'd call it Safe for Work, but it's kinda close]

And I thought a prom dresses couldn't get any trashier when they started making a two-piece formal. Boy, was I wrong, but what does the dress's maker have to say about it?
"I was shocked when I first saw it, but now it's one of our top 20 dresses nationwide," says Nick Yeh, the CEO of Xcite, the Stafford, Texas, company that designed the dress and some 200 other styles this season.

"I have a 15-year-old daughter and, no, I would not recommend she wear this dress.

"As a businessman," he adds, "I'm not judging what a teenager should wear or not wear. It's up to the parents to decide for their own children."
Of course not, Nick.

Picture this: You're a 17 year old boy, you've got a full tank of gas and you're filled to the brim with hormones and you've got a perpetual boner that could cut glass. You've been drinkin' with your buddies all day, but you sober up long enough to put on your rented tux and go over to your date's house to pick her up, and she's wearing this. You've got to stand in front of the mantel while her dad clumsily points the autofocus Polaroid at you and his little baby girl, all grown up. Awkward? It was, as they say, "back in my day," and I'm not that old.

Ok, now WizBang is saying that The Post has the model displaying the dress backwards from its originally designed state of modesty.

Whatever. Why bother with the pretense? How 'bout a sequined miniskirt and some pasties?



Home