enthalpy

Thursday, February 17, 2005


A long-time reader has been suggesting Boot Liquor to me for quite some time, and I finally gave it a spin today. I must say, I'm quite impressed with their playlist: Dave Alvin, Johnny Cash, Whiskeytown, Hank Williams, Robert Earl Keen and of course, no drinkin' themed radio would be complete without the late, great Townes Van Zandt.

I'm only slightly more impressed with internet radio than I am with normal radio, which I absolutely abhor. But Boot Liquor plays stuff you're not going to hear anywhere else. Probably for good reason.
Howdy! You probably want to know a little more about the Boot Liquor format (formally part of SomaFM). It's Americana, Country, Rock, Swing and Blues with an emphasis on tunes about booze, bad behavior, fighting, and other such classy subjects. Dave Alvin, Tom Waits, Red Meat, Robert Earl Keen, and a truckload of both known and lesser known artists all adding their particular stench to the playlist.

I like to think of it as country music for people who hate country music.
Sign me up!



Home