enthalpy

Thursday, March 17, 2005


Interesting little web-app that shows what the Congress is up to, and what it's going to cost. More specifically, what it's going to cost you. When I dreamed of a utopian Democracy when I was a wee lad, I never dreamed of a land where the masses would be forced to pay for this krep:
S. 163 would establish the Mormon Pioneer National Heritage Area in Utah and would designate the Utah Heritage Highway 89 Alliance as the managing entity for the area. The nonprofit corporation would be responsible for developing and implementing a management plan for the protection, development, and management of cultural and other area resources. Finally, the legislation would authorize the appropriation of funds for technical and financial assistance to the Alliance over the next 15 years.
But it's only going to cost my household a nickel, so why should I care?

Oh, right. Because the herd voting itself other people's money isn't really what democracy is all about, is it? I could be wrong.



Home