enthalpy

Tuesday, April 26, 2005


Why the hell am I using The New York Times for information about the space program? Specifically, what to drink at The Outpost? I have no idea. But here's an interesting piece form The Times about space travel, Houston, and getting a beer after life on-orbit.

I guess I don't have much to add to this one. B'cept, what does it take to make a rocket scientist?"
Bryan Kundrat, a fourth-grader from Cypress, Tex., thought the demonstrations were "pretty cool," but he hesitated when asked if he wanted to be an astronaut. "I don't want to blow up," he said as his father, Ed, an engineer, groaned in dismay.
Does anyone really want to blow up? I think not. Anyhoo. . . .Cris Kraft, bring it home for us:
But he added: "Are the people smarter today? Of course they are. They are better engineers than we ever were."
Damn, I hope so. These guys don't seem to think so, but what the hell do they know? All I know is I'm not supposed to talk to the press because of this article.



Home