enthalpy

Sunday, May 29, 2005


Castrated Sex-offender back in jail. Yeah, I know, what a shocker
A former YMCA camp counselor convicted of molesting 40 children was back in jail on Saturday and accused of violating his parole.

David Wayne Jones, who pleaded guilty in 1991 in exchange for just 15 years in prison, had been living in a halfway house. He was arrested Friday by Dallas police and was jailed Saturday with no bail set.

Dallas police did not return a telephone call placed by The Associated Press seeking comment on Jones' alleged parole violation.

Jones, who underwent voluntary surgical castration in March 2004, was scheduled to have a civil commitment hearing next month to determine whether he is still a violent sexual predator and whether he continues to require state supervision.

"I have changed," Jones told The Dallas Morning News on Thursday. "I have made quite a contribution to my rehabilitation."
I wonder what he was charged with? The pessimist in me says it wasn't for too many late charges at Block Buster. This story just keeps on getting weirder.



Home