enthalpy

Saturday, July 23, 2005


This story is a lot more interesting than I first thought. At first I was amazed that it was getting as much press as it was, but then I think I had to agree. These chicks are pretty low-rent.
The clothes also reflect a bit of the aesthetic havoc that often occurs when people visit the White House. (What should I wear? How do I look? Take my picture!) The usual advice is to dress appropriately. In this case, an addendum would have been helpful: Please select all attire from the commonly accepted styles of this century. (And someone should have given notice to the flip-flop-wearing women of Northwestern University's lacrosse team, who visited the White House on July 12 for a meet-and-greet with the president: proper footwear required. Flip-flops, modeled after shoes meant to be worn into a public shower or on the beach, have no business anywhere in the vicinity of the president and his place of residence.)
I'd have to admit, "shoes meant to be worn into a public shower" definitely don't have a place during a Presidential photo-op in the White House. Not exactly the burning issue of the day, but a sad commentary of the state of affairs. Here's the picture that started all of this:




Home