enthalpy

Friday, August 26, 2005


Looks like if you're pissed off at the condition of your house, you sue the government to get a better one.
Migrant farmworkers want better housing in Floydada and are suing the local housing authority and the federal government to get it.
The best way to get better housing? Sue. Sue the government. That always works. But it goes on like this:
"They're just deplorable. A shower that I wouldn't step in, or I can tell you I wouldn't want to take my shoes off. When you see these places, it just makes your stomach turn that people are forced to live there."
Forced? Forgive my less than left-leaning bias, but the only people the state forced to live anywhere are incarcerated felons. Even migrant workers have a choice, no? Or is this not still America?



Home