enthalpy

Tuesday, August 02, 2005


Making fun of President Bush's extemporaneous speaking is like laughing at a cripple, and while you might not stare, you have to take at least one look. Such was the case this morning when he addressed the crew of STS-114 onboard Discovery.
THE PRESIDENT: Well, listen, I want to thank you, Commander, and thank your fellow astronauts there. I agree with you -- I think what you're doing is really important. And you've got a strong supporter for your mission here in the White House. I will tell you Laura went down and watched the launch in Florida, with my little brother, Jeb, and came back all excited about the energy that -- there on the East Coast of Florida. But we're with you, and wish you all the very best. Thanks for taking my phone call. Now get back to work.
I guess he was trying to be funny, but why did he make is sound like he was going to dock their pay if they didn't get busy? It could have been worse. He could have called them "spacial entrepreneurs." I'm pretty sure he meant "spatial," but I'm not sure why.


I wonder if he knows they can't see him?




Home