enthalpy

Thursday, September 15, 2005


I don't really have anything against menstruating women (I don't have anything for them, either, hardy har-freakin' har), but after reading this article, I'm not sure we're shunning the right people.
Women's rights activists in Nepal have hailed a Supreme Court order to end discrimination against women during their menstrual cycle.

There is a tradition in parts of Nepal of keeping women in cow-sheds during their period.

The practice is common in far western districts of the country.

The Supreme Court has ordered the government to declare the practice as evil and given it one month to begin stamping the practice out.
You gotta give Nepal credit where credit is due: this may not be a bad idea, and that's not just a phallocentric opinion. I know there are countless women that would rather hang out in a barn when Aunt Flo is in town rather than deal with the rest of you brain-dead fucks.

Let's bring this to America, but don't shun them, but give them the option to hang out in a barn for four days a month. While we're at it, give me four days of exile a month! I'd take it. I have a feeling it would go a little something like this:
"Dude where were you?"

"Ya know, it was my time. . . I was hanging out in a barn for four days."

"You missed the big meeting with the VP. We have a new quality policy you have to memorize!"

"Damn!"
And. . . . scene. I'm just saying I could use four days off work hanging out in a barn, that's all.



Home