enthalpy

Thursday, September 01, 2005


It's not a shock to anyone reading this, but most blogs suck. That doesn't really matter because you can spend as much or as little time reading them as you wish, since they take about seven seconds to load up. I guess it's not a surprise that there's a blog for literally everyone now. If you doubt this, check out the blog for the Air Conditioning Contractors of America.

This week I was made aware to a vast segment of the blogging community of which I was previously unaware: Mom Blogs. I was sent this link because I actually saw March of the Penguins, and as horrified as I was, I just couldn't stop reading this maudlin crap. And excerpt:
When the mamas get to a place where they can swim and cavort in the water and fill their bellies with fish, they look so joyful and liberated that you can't help wondering if maybe they're thinking about skipping the whole ghastly trudge back to the waiting families. "What if I never went back?" I once thought, alone for the first time since Birdy had been born, and driving to Whole Foods. But after 45 minutes of solo heaven in the cracker aisle, I was dying to see those rosy little faces again.

I'm one lucky penguin.
Wow, what a tough call. Your kid, or a box of crackers. Did she make the right decision? Aw, who gives a shit.



Home