enthalpy

Saturday, October 01, 2005


It's new stove day!!


From the instruction manual:

Using the Sabbath Feature.
(Designed for use on the Jewish Sabbath and Holidays.)
The Sabbath feature can be used for baking/roasting only. It cannot be used for broiling, self-cleaning or Delay Start cooking.
NOTE: The oven light comes on automatically when the door is opened and goes off when the door is closed. The bulb may be removed.
I found this a bit troubling at first. Does my new stove have some Jewish friends that are going to come over today? Who knows, but there are two aspects about this I find disturbing. First of all, I'm not one to question anyone's relationship with a divine being, but personally, my god wants me to have a hot meal on Saturdays, too.

And finally, if at any point during my final judgment any features on my appliances comes into consideration for my salvation, boy howdy am I in big trouble. You can pretty much forget about the big stuff if the big guy upstairs is taking into consideration the light bulb in your oven.



Home