enthalpy

Friday, October 14, 2005


Yet another story of triumph over diversity. This time, it's bullying.
When Morgan Matlock was a young child, she experienced bullying firsthand. The first time was after a school concert. After walking offstage, a boy from her school ridiculed her singing and held his hands over his ears.

"I felt so bad about myself," Matlock said. "For years it affected me and haunted me."
I don't think there's anyone that's going to step forward and speak out in favor of bullying, but have we totally sanitized our children's lives that this bullshit is a big deal? I remember the good old days when bullying was rampant across the land, and most kids, oh, I don't know, dealt with it and became stronger people, some might even say adults, because of it. Now, we live in a world where it's a crime for anything negative to happen to a child, and a grown woman that walks around in a tiara shares her life experiences with little girls. Progress?



Home