enthalpy

Monday, November 28, 2005


One down, 533 to go.
Rep. Randy "Duke" Cunningham said Monday he is resigning from Congress after pleading guilty to taking more than $2 million in bribes in a criminal conspiracy involving at least three defense contractors.

After entering his plea in San Diego, California, the eight-term California Republican said he was "deeply sorry."

"The truth is I broke the law, concealed my conduct and disgraced my office," he told reporters, his voice strained with emotion. "I know I will forfeit my reputation, my worldly possessions -- most importantly the trust of my friends and family."
Just how sorry are you? How 'bout a $2.9 million donation to your favourite charity? That'd convince me.

And yes, it's only 533, since The Honorable Ron Paul is still on of the good guys.



Home