enthalpy

Tuesday, January 10, 2006


I love the fact that Steven Colbert's uncredited truthiness is the word of the year, but I can't stop laughing about Muffin-top:
In a runoff for the most creative word, "whale tail," the appearance of a thong above the waistband, beat out "muffin top," the bulge of flesh hanging over the top of low-riding jeans.
I've secretly wished for a word for this term for years, and I can't believe it took 'till 2005 to get one. If anything I don't think the term is pejorative enough, because muffin top might sound cute when used in the right connotation. When otherwise attractive women want to squeeze into an absurd fashion that accentuates their widest point, the terminology should lean less towards a muffin and more to what it really looks like. A Navy life-raft inflated in a squirrel cage.



Home