enthalpy

Saturday, February 11, 2006


I know the world is eagerly awaiting the blog to weigh in on the Danish cartoon fiasco, but I just don't have it in me, and way too much ink has been used on it already. Not surprisingly, I think I totally agree with Radley on this one. Freedom of speech is a legal argument, not a moral one, and just because the paper can print anything it wants to, doesn't mean it should. From the beginning of this, the motivation of the cartoons were incitefull. Did the paper get the response it expected? Probably not, but it certainly wasn't shocking that these people reacted the way they did. But regardless of what Coulter says, you can abhor the destruction that followed while at the same time question the editorial judgment of the paper without signing up for your local neighborhood al Qaeda chapter.



Home