enthalpy

Sunday, March 05, 2006


Churchill quotes. Yes, as a matter of fact, I am that bored.
  • A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
  • An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
  • From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.
  • Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.
  • He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
  • History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
  • When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber.
  • Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
  • It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.
Man, that last one! I can't say how many times I've heard (from people less than 25 years old, mainly) people attempt to assuage a failure by saying "but they tried so hard!" How tragic it is that we're stuck with an entire generation that equates intentions with results.



Home