enthalpy

Saturday, March 04, 2006


My penis has prohibited me from weighing in on the South Dakota abortion laws, but there's something about this post that I just couldn't pass up. Coming to a back-alley near you, it's your very own abortion how-to guide. Fairly graphic, and not for the faint of heart, but I link to it for the statement below. I know the abortion issue is going to be resolved by people with much more catchy chants that I could ever come up with, so I'll leave my opinions out of this. But I can't help but wonder what led up to the emotional, moral, and spiritual (not to mention physical) death that made this statement:
Save the material until the end of the procedure on a piece of plastic, so that you can be sure the entire fetus has been removed. If doing this sounds too ethically challenging, remember that fetuses do not have the capacity to feel actual pain until the third trimester.
Maybe it's just me, but if you've sedated a pregnant woman in a room at the Ramada and have begun to extract fetal material from her uterus, dontcha think it's a little bit late to contemplate the challenging ethical questions that, oh, I don't know, might arise from the procedure?

What's even more disgusting is the comment section of the site. People seem to think that these instructions are like a brownie recipe that they're going to print out and put in their recipe box.



Home