enthalpy

Sunday, September 10, 2006


So the new Star Wars DVDs come out this week, and by "new" I mean "old," and I have yet to decide if Hollywood's premier money whore is going to be getting any more of my hard earned entertainment dollars. I bought the VHS version of the trilogy (and yes, there is only one trilogy. The later movies are steaming piles of shit George used to build another couple of stories on his house) the last time it came out, but since I don't have a VCR anymore, I'm kinda sunk. I have absolutely no interest in the "remastered" versions of the trilogy, as I feel that that's part of the problem. I also find it hilarious that he's "included" the un-retouched versions of the films tacked on to the ruined versions. I wonder how the sales would compare if they sold them individually? I know which ones I want. And what version this guy wants. Geez, I thought I had a problem:
So no, I’ll not be buying this month’s reissued Star Wars movies. And I shall now go and thank my mother for giving away all my original toys to the goodwill store and apologise for treating her as a pariah all these years for saying “They were just toys.” Because that’s all they were – ancillary merchandise to allow you to build another wing on Skywalker Ranch to house your ever expanding ego. They weren’t symbols of my childhood dreams and hopes. They were plastic figures that should’ve been called “Ahahaha fuck you, pay me” toys.
Netflix and a DVD burner, dude, is all you need.



Home