enthalpy

Saturday, December 23, 2006


What I love about Galveston: It's filled with this stuff. Great architecture on what was once, everyday homes, and right next door is a housing project that's a total crack house. There is virtually NO middle class on the Island. But anyhoo, here are some random pictures.


Interesting looking park at 15th and Church. There was a wedding going on the first time I found this place, but it was bit more tame this day.


The Wall of Remembrance. Kinda cool, I guess. I dig the statue, in a kind of "hey artist, beat me over the head with your vision" kind of way.
And here's a random Rosenberg monument:


I don't really know why it's there, on such a random corner there in the East End, but it is.

There's a lot of interesting stuff going on in Galveston that don't have a thing to do with the beach or Schlitterbahn.




Home