enthalpy

Tuesday, January 16, 2007


What if you put out all the Severe Weather Warnings and the weather never comes? What then? Surely TV weather isn't just about scaring the crap out of old people, is it? I give you Houston's Channel 2
"It's around us, it's near us, but we're just really not seeing a thing," KPRC Local 2 meteorologist Anthony Yanez said.

"As long as we stay above freezing, if we get any kind of rain it will fall as rain and not freezing rain," Yanez said.
No shit?!? If it's raining, it's raining, and if it's freezing, it's freezing. But! If it's freezing and raining, it's freezing rain? Slow down, Einstein.

Since they've been telling us we're all going to freeze to death on Tuesday and yet I somehow managed to survive the Nightmareish Frozen Hellscape '07™, what should I do now?
Yanez said Houston avoided the messy weather on Tuesday but Wednesday could be a different story.

"This is a 24-hour threat," Yanez said. "Just because we're really fortunate and we're seeing great conditions this morning does not mean that tomorrow morning is the same. We cannot let our guard down."

An ice storm warning for most of southeast Texas will go into effect at 6 p.m. and last through at least 9 a.m. Wednesday. One-tenth to a half-inch of ice is possible.
Oh shit, really?!? I guess I need to stockpile rum, salt and flour in my ammo bunker now. I should be running along. .

You know what we called this weather when I was kid? Cold. And these fuckers wonder why we don't listen to them anymore.



Home