enthalpy

Monday, January 15, 2007


While the Houston Chronicle is trying to be helpful and give South East Texans tips for driving on the ice we'll most likely see tomorrow morning, I'd like to offer up my own suggestions after witnessing drivers in this city for the last decade. So here they are, Enthalpy's tips for driving on icy Houston roads!
  1. Don't. Really, are they waiting for you at the ER? Stay home, flapjack, you don't have one sick day every decade?
  2. The ground is warm, the bridge isn't.
  3. Don't hit your brakes when you realize you're on ice. The overpass isn't that long, and you'll get over just fine if you don't try to stop.
  4. Your SUV doesn't make you invincible. That front wheel drive car has a much better chance of getting over that giant mix-master with ½ inch of ice on it. I've done it.
  5. You AWD car may come with traction control, but it doesn't come with a brain.
I'm starting to bore myself, so I'll quit, but why do I think I'm going to hear about 40 car pile-ups tomorrow?



Home