enthalpy

Saturday, April 07, 2007


More scenes from New Mexico. I thought I was done with that festering pit of nightmarish communist hell-scape, but I may have to go back yet. We'll see. Anyhoo, here are some picts:


A snow-covered road on top of a mountain. 5,000 feet? Rain. 10,000 feet? Snow, and about a foot, which raises the question, why on earth did my rental car company rent me a four wheel drive car? Don't they know I'm going beat any rental like a red-headed stepchild, but a 4WD? It's like they want me to flip it over. Anyhoo


Here are some rockcicles on the same mountain, a week later. Most of the snow was gone, but oddly enough, it was snowing again.


And here's one of the most industrious inhabitants of Albuquerque that I observed. He's out there busting his ass, every single day, to make a living in the desert. I can't help but kinda feel sorry for these little guys. First, I can't imagine what the hell they're eating, but they seem to be doing pretty well. Also, they're much cuter than the rest of the sun-burned junkies, pimps and whores that seem to be on every single street corner and bus stop throughout the city. So here's to ya, you little barkin' squirrel, but if it gets too much for you, remember that 33% of New Mexicans are on welfare, a fact they're so proud of, it's on their web page.




Home