enthalpy

Monday, May 28, 2007


Interesting article on Star Wars' 30th anniversary. This quote from Luke cracked me up:
Hamill says he did not know what to expect when he signed on for the film. "I saw the script and thought, 'If no one gets it, it's going to be hysterical. It's going to be The Rocky Horror Picture Show in space.' I thought it could be a comedy. So I decided the only way to play it was to be completely convinced of it, otherwise it would be a comedy."
I can see how it could be viewed as 'campy' back in the day before Star Wars became, you know Star Wars.

Ironic that he thought one of the most popular and financially successful movies of all time was going to bomb, yet Lucas trotted the prequels with all the fanfare of the second coming, only to have them suck more than a black hole.



Home