enthalpy

Thursday, May 17, 2007


So I thought I thought I was reading an article on our Abogado Generalisimo and his continued hubris for suggesting attempted copyright infringement. I mean honestly, do they give Nobel Prizes for attempted chemistry? But I digress. This is the part that pegged my appalled o' meter:
Create a new crime of life imprisonment for using pirated software.
What the fruck? Life?!? Life in prison for pirated software? The hospital example they used is totally bullshit because causing someone's death (whether with software or not) is already illegal. But let's get real, folks, the only way "piracy" and "life sentence" should even be in the same sentence is if they're also accompanied by the words rape, pillage, or booty, and the defendant should preferably have a hook for a hand.



Home