enthalpy

Tuesday, June 26, 2007


Turns out, he wasn't that funny:
Condemned prisoner Patrick Knight was executed this evening for the deaths of an Amarillo-area couple without delivering a promised funny punch line.

In a final statement in which he said he would tell a joke, Knight thanked God for his friends and asked for help for innocent men on death row. He named several he said were innocent. His voice shaking and nearly in tears, he said, "Not all of us are innocent, but those are."

After expressing love to some friends, he said, "I said I was going to tell a joke. Death has set me free. That's the biggest joke. I deserve this."

"And the other joke is that I am not Patrick Bryan Knight and y'all can't stop this execution now. Go ahead, I'm finished."

Nine minutes later at 6:21 p.m. CDT, he was pronounced dead.
Have you hear the one about the convicted murderer that thought he was funny? Neither did Patrick Knight.



Home