enthalpy

Sunday, July 15, 2007


It's not just every day I get to see my 10th grade Spanish teacher in the news.
By the late '70s, the theater closed its doors and sunlight streamed through the Ritz's roof. But several years ago, the National Trust for Historic Preservation, concerned about the plight of deteriorating movie theaters, dispatched a structural engineer to examine it. The engineer's report said the building could be restored, but recommended that preservationists act quickly to save it.

A community-wide effort to save the Ritz began several years ago. Soon, a new generation of movie-goers will be able to take in first-run movies, musical productions and other shows at the theater, now in the final stages of a multi-million-dollar renovation.
I think I remember seeing Star Wars there, a LONG time ago in a County far, far away. Still, I bet it's an even longer before they show the quintessential small-town Texas town flick, The Last Picture Show.



Home