enthalpy

Friday, August 10, 2007


I think I can agree with most people that "diving mules" are probably cruel, but the real question is who the hell wants to see it?
"They do it because they want to, they're not forced in any way," Rivers said of the act that's been going on at his Lightning Ranch in Pipe Creek for the past five weeks. "I've never had one get hurt. They like it, especially on a hot day."

Rivers said the mules, which range in age from 16 to 22, are trained to jump. They could turn right around and walk down the ramp that led them to the platform, but they never do, he said.

"You'd think if one of them minded it, they would've quit by now," he said. "You can't hurt an animal. They're not that stupid."
I've been bored off my ass in a small town many times, and I still don't think I'd pay five bucks to see an old mule fall into a tank of water. I've never been that bored.



Home