enthalpy

Monday, December 10, 2007


While in a government facility the other day I caught one of these moveon.org commercials that kinda made me want to throw up a little bit. First off, the mac vs. pc thing is as obnoxious as it is tired, but the pro vs. con thing is a little misleading. The anti-conservative movement is confusing genuine conservatism with the neocon cabal that's been running the country into the ground for the past seven years. But I find this one particular disturbing. If liberals, er, uh, progressives, think that this is the nail they want to hammer in, they're in bigger trouble than they think.

Is it government's job to protect us from corporate abuse, environmental pollution, and to provide the myriad of services we require? Anyone that's read more than two lines here at this site knows I believe this is utter bullshit, but if you have any doubts about their effectiveness, take a look around at the services the government already provides. Folks, the government can't effectively pave fucking roads, and you want them to provide health care? Give me a freakin' break.

For more information about how great the government provides services, may I suggest a visit to your local post office and/or driver's license office. See if you get out of either of those locations in less than half an hour. Now imagine that you're bleeding.

At my local post office today, I almost walked in the door, but the line was spilling over outside, so I kinda hung around for a bit. When I finally got inside, the one clerk working the counter shouted towards the back for some more help, to be answered by a plaintive cry from the back that said "it's our mandatory break." Think UPS or DHL would give a customer that kind of shit?



Home