enthalpy

Saturday, January 12, 2008


Peggy Sue got subpeonaed.
Buddy Holly's widow is trying to keep the woman whose name was made famous by the hit song Peggy Sue from selling a book about her friendship with the late rock 'n' roll star.

Maria Elena Holly said Friday that Peggy Sue Gerron's Whatever Happened to Peggy Sue? is unauthorized and will harm Holly's name, her reputation and that of her company, Holly Properties.

"It's very interesting that this woman makes up all these stories," Maria Elena Holly said from her home in Dallas. "He never, never considered Peggy Sue a friend."
Well that may be the case, but I'd like to present exhibit A:
I love you, peggy sue,
With a love so rare and true.
Oh, peggy, my peggy sue.
Well, I love you girl.
I want you, peggy sue.
Rock 'n' Roll doesn't lie, does it? Does it?!? Next thing ya know they're going to try to tell us that Happiness Isn't a Warm Gun, or that there's some Jersey girl in the mid 80s that didn't give love, a bad name. Still a "Shock to the Heart," though.

So why write a book now? The man's been dead damn near 50 years.
Material for the book came from about 150 diary entries Gerron made during the time she knew Holly, she said.

"I wanted to give him his voice. It's my book, my memoirs," she said from Tyler where her publishing company held a news conference Friday defending Gerron's right to write her biography. "We were very, very good friends. He was probably one of the best friends I ever had."
Well thank god for that. Without the thoughtful memories of Gerron and her like, the world might be deprived of the stories of the private lives of every dead and/or burned out Baby-boomer musician that ever cut a piece of 60s vinyl.



Home