enthalpy

Sunday, April 06, 2008


The hardest working single-mother currently living in my backyard:



This momma bird, which I've probably mis-characterized as a blue jay is a mockingbird, [see update below] has been bringing grubs to a nest in my new oak tree for a couple of weeks now. After seeing her chase other birds out of the yard, I finally got the guts to take a look in her nest. This is what she's been taking care of:



God speed, little birdies!



Update!!

I've been corrected. Admonished, actually, in that I didn't immediately recognize this as the State Bird of Texas, the Mockingbird, which it clearly is. My apologies to those that were offended, to those that actually know what their state bird is, and to those that think I no longer deserve to have a Texas Flag mailbox.



Home