enthalpy

Thursday, April 10, 2008


I thought it was funny when the Catholic church updated the "new" seven deadly sins, but leave it to Mr. O'Rourke to really nail it.
Unfortunately Bishop Girotti's late-model sins make as little sense as a Jeremiah Wright sermon. They have no gravitas. Imagine the reaction in the confessional when you say, "Father, I have littered." Plus the supplementary desecrations lack a certain flair. The beauty of Pope Gregory's lineup was that he nailed our most devilish villainies with one word each. His seven evocative nouns produced an instant mental image: a puffed-up, shifty-eyed, fat cat furiously ripping the thong off a young intern on a slow night in the Oval Office.

I pretend to no expertise, let alone authority, in religious matters. However, I can't resist the temptation of having a go, myself, at The Seven Deadly, Part II. (I once would have felt it was prideful to do so, but that was before building my self-esteem.)
That's pretty durn funny. But pay attention to this one:
The 11th Commandment is, "Thou shalt not blog."
Words to live by!



Home