enthalpy

Saturday, January 31, 2009


Apparently you only have to pay your bills when it's warm.
Hours earlier, the Amarillo family's electricity was shut off for nonpayment. So when the single mother of four young children scraped together enough money last week to get her power turned back on, she waited 24 hours for Xcel Energy to arrive.

"(When a utility worker didn't arrive) I went out and turned it on myself, and I know I shouldn't have done that," Patterson said. "It was cold and I didn't have anywhere to go. I understand it's partly my fault, but I don't see why the kids have to suffer. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I can't leave the kids in the cold. I did what any mom would do."
It's sad that anyone can't provide for their family, but I don't see how this is the power company's fault.



Home