enthalpy

Saturday, March 28, 2009


I know they're not the panacea for the world's problems, but other than their disposal, I don't know why compact fluorescent light bulbs are getting such a bad rap.
It sounds like such a simple thing to do: buy some new light bulbs, screw them in, save the planet.
Well, OK, maybe that explains it. I don't want to save the planet. I just to turn on the light so I can read People en Español, but that's another story.
But a lot of people these days are finding the new compact fluorescent bulbs anything but simple. Consumers who are trying them say they sometimes fail to work, or wear out early. At best, people discover that using the bulbs requires learning a long list of dos and don’ts.
You screw it in, you turn it on. What's the problem? Ok, the disposal is a bit of a pain, but still. I don't understand what people expect from then. They go out, it's an imperfect world, deal with it.

If you want to lower your electric (and subsequently, your A/C) bill, this is the easiest way to do it.



Home