enthalpy

Sunday, April 26, 2009


Ha! I do so like to antagonize the squirrel, but come on. I didn't really intend to make it a man/woman thing, but I just don't understand why women are so quick to make Rush-fodder out of their position by implying their actions have no consequences. This isn't an issue with men because, hey, who wants to look at some hairy dude? Except those guys with purple mohawks, tribal earlobe mutilations and metal studs in their eyebrows. But I have the exact same reaction to them: I'm going to stare. Hell I might even take a picture to show Brandeen and Cletus back on the farm. But as this is apparently about women's butts, let's just stick with the ladies.

Let's say you're enjoying a typical day, I'd say you're probably bored out of your mind, at SeaWorld when someone snaps a picture of you. Do you care? Why? Even if the guy was "hiding in the bushes" as the story states, which doesn't really make much sense for SeaWorld, but that's as specific as the story gets. Do you care? Why? It's kinda creepy, but more sad for him. I still don't see what the issue is. You are presenting yourself publicly in a manner that you're comfortable with, and your photograph, and video, has already been recorded dozens of times before (and probably as) you walked through the gate at FishTown.

So why does this guy go to jail for doing the same thing SeaWorld, TxDOT, and the 7-11 that sold you the Sincker's bar did as well?

And the "always her fault" bullshit is disingenuous at best, and rather annoying. Is it my fault for staring at some 19 year old's rack wearing a V-neck cut down to her navel and a Hello-Kitty tattoo on her left boob? Again, she didn't go to all that trouble because she wanted people not to look, so I'm happy to oblige. She's fine with it, I'm fine with it. Just don't expect privacy in public, and if you're embarrassed with your appearance, do something about it.



Home