enthalpy

Sunday, June 07, 2009


Speaking of boring cars, check out this review of Honda's new hybrid. Sounds more like an inbred to me:
So here goes. It’s terrible. Biblically terrible. Possibly the worst new car money can buy. It’s the first car I’ve ever considered crashing into a tree, on purpose, so I didn’t have to drive it any more.

And the sound is worse. The Honda’s petrol engine is a much-shaved, built-for-economy, low-friction 1.3 that, at full chat, makes a noise worse than someone else’s crying baby on an airliner. It’s worse than the sound of your parachute failing to open. Really, to get an idea of how awful it is, you’d have to sit a dog on a ham slicer.
Sounds like a winner. I've always thought that the huge mileage a hybrid claims to get comes from 'mortgaging' the energy from the batteries, that much be replaced just like gas in the tank. And last time I checked, lead-acid batteries aren't very damn green, either.



Home