enthalpy

Thursday, December 24, 2009


Colbert's brilliant reaction to his performance at the 2006 White House Correspondent's dinner. I was wondering how he walked into that lion's den and stayed in character.
When the dinner was over, "I don't think I'm dying. I go to sit down and nobody's meeting my eye. Only [the late journalist-turned-White House spokesman] Tony Snow comes over and says I'm doing a great job." Then Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia came his way and told him he was brilliant.

"I said, oh, s-, don't let me like Antonin Scalia!"

Wondering what exit he should use, Colbert recalls being approached by actor Harry Lennix, whom he knew from their days at Northwestern University. Colbert indicated that he sensed some of the audience wasn't happy. "And he [Lennix] said, 'f- these people."
Don't go in front of that audience and pull any punches. Colbert went with both barrels loaded and came out like a champ.



Home