enthalpy

Tuesday, March 02, 2010


It'll be sad I guess, when the post office won't be able to bring me a birthday card or the electric bill, but if they have to go under so I stop getting ValuPaks in my mailbox, that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
Though the idea of cutting service from six to five days has gotten a cool reception on Capitol Hill, Potter said that the plan would include enough flexibility so that customers who need Saturday service can get it and that this and other changes need to be implemented for the Postal Service to survive.

"We built a plan that we think is very reasonable. ... We intend to pursue that," he said. "It's a move that we simply have to make."
Reasonable would be if the post office charged the junk mailers the same rate they charged me to send a letter instead of giving a discount to those that fill your mailbox with garbage every single day.



Home